You would like to create an SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) trap and you are not sure about how to import your MIB files into GFI EventsManager 2012 or higher. The ability to import custom Management Information Base (MIB) files is possible in GFI EventsManager so that it can understand fields and/or columns sent from SNMP trap devices that are not natively supported. This article provides step-by-step processes on importing and applying MIB files in GFI EventsManager.
Importing MIB files
- Locate the MIB files from the vendor for the desired device of collection.
- Open the GFI EventsManager Console and navigate to the Configuration > Options.
- Choose SNMP Traps Server Options, then click Edit SNMP Traps Server Options.
- Select the Advanced tab and click the Import button.
- Navigate to the location of the desired MIB files, then click OK.
- Choose the MIB from the list and click OK.
Applying the imported files
Note that the steps below should only be followed after the desired MIB files are imported into GFI EventsManager.
- In the GFI EventsManager Console, navigate to the Configuration tab.
- Click the Event Sources sub-tab. Choose either the Source Group or Event Source that the MIB files need to be applied to, then right-click and select Properties.
- Select the SNMP Traps tab, then check Accept SNMP Traps message from.
- In "Post collection processing", choose Process the logs with the rules selected before archiving.
- Drill down in the rule folders and select the imported MIB folder.
- Click OK.