This article provides instructions on how to remove or edit the Action Profile in GFI EventsManager.
Please note that we kindly recommend editing the Action Profile instead of deleting it. It is important to note that when you change the Action Profile it will change for all the rules this Action Profile was applied to. If you wish to edit the Action Profile, please follow the instructions below:
- In the GFI EventsManager Console, select Configuration > Event Processing Rules.
- Right-click the rule that triggers this Action Profile > Properties.
- From the Actions tab, select Use the following actions profile.
- Choose the desired Action Profile and click Edit.
- Click Apply > OK.
If you wish to delete the Action Profile and you are sure it is not used in your rule sets, please follow the instructions below:
- Stop all GFI Services and close the EventsManager Console.
- Go into TaskManager and stop any running process of EventsManager.
- Download the file Action Profiles.xml.
- After you download the file, make sure to Right-Click > Properties, and select Unblock the file (Very Important Step).
- Replace the existing Action Profile with the one from the attachment. Location: c:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\EventsManager13\Data\Settings\ESM Settings\Processing\
- Start GFI Events Manager Services and reopen the GUI.