You are facing an issue that logs are properly captured by EventsManager but the Event Data records are not getting stored to / recording in GFI Database. As a result, when you export events to SQL DB - no data is inserted into the DB. This issue might be occurring intermittently every few days. You may also find that the database remains empty until a new database is manually created.
- Install the latest patches for EventsManager 13.2.
Older app versions may be consuming excessive amount of RAM and affecting events processing; normally, EventsManager consumes 200-300 Mb of RAM.
Note: If EventsManager is installed on several machines, make sure to apply the patches on each of them.
- Additionally, if you are exporting events to SQL DB and a large number of records is being processed, it is recommended to export data every 4 hours or less often; to adjust the schedule:
- Navigate to Configuration > Options.
- Select Database Operations.
- Click Edit database operations options.
- Configure a suitable interval to run the DB export job - 4 hours or longer (e.g., every 12 hours, every 1 day).
- Click OK.
- Also, it is recommended to create a Create Commit Deletions job to remove the events that were already exported to the SQL database - this will help to improve the EventsManager performance and events processing.
Note: Make sure you enabled the option to Mark events as deleted in the Export to SQL job.
Open Events Browser and check that events are properly recorded to GFI Database.
After the configured database operations interval has passed, the new records should be exported to your SQL database as well.