You are upgrading to Windows Server 2016 and want to know how to install EventsManager on the new server, and which version is compatible with Windows 2016.
- EventsManager is compatible with Windows Server 2016. Refer to the “Installation Requirements for GFI EventsManager” article for a full list of Supported operating systems (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Download the latest EventsManager v13.2, which is the only version compatible with Windows Server 2016.
Pro Tip: Check the Installation Requirements for GFI EventsManager
- Retrieve your license from the Accounts portal - click More Details under the EventsManager product and copy the license key.
Note: If you were using EventsManager 12 or older version, make sure to upgrade your license, and update your license key in GFI EventsManager.
- Follow the steps described in the article Moving GFI EventsManager to Another Server to take a backup, install, and restore EventsManager on the upgraded Windows Server.
- Additionally, if the EventsManager database resides on the same server as your current and you wish to move the database to the upgraded server, follow the procedure described in the article Moving the DLib Database Between Two GFI EventsManager Servers.