At periodic intervals, the Dlib database for GFI EventsManager can get corrupted.
Check Window Events for error logs:
Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 5/25/2014 1:33:03 AM
Event ID: 7031 Level: Error Keywords: Classic Computer: W2K12-logman-a.gmatica.lan The GFI Database Server 2.1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.
Check EventsBrowser: the event table did contain entries and they could be selected, but all fields in the table and in the fields pane were empty (blank!)
Check the Database logs: 2014-05-29, 11:15:08, 377, 0, 44c, d94, error, DLib.dll, Read, Unexpected exception: Value was invalid...
2014-05-29, 11:15:08, 377, 0, 44c, d94, error, DLib.dll, GetValues, Unexpected exception: Value was invalid...
2014-05-29, 11:15:08, 377, 0, 44c, d94, error, DLib.dll, GetRows,
Unexpected exception: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index
2013 (Build 20130606)
Build a new database into another path to prevent the problem from re-occurring and to prevent data loss:
- Set up a more frequent database rotation. See the article Setting a Database Rotation and Retention.
- Exclude the GFI EventsManager folders from AV active scanning.
- Set up exports to SQL or file as a backup: http://manuals.gfi.com/en/esm2013administrator/content/acm/topics/dbmaintenance/creating_maintenance_jobs.htm
Note: Ensure external links are up to date before forwarding.
- Implement the workaround.
- Collect windows events and troubleshooter files.
- Attach the article and escalate the case.