In the Operational History section of the Status > Job Activity page, the Operational History pane shows the following error message when trying to collect events:
...Cannot connect to machine using NETBIOS. Try scanning by IP:<IP_Address>
This article provides the steps to resolve this issue.
- All supported Versions / Builds
- All supported Operating Systems
GFI EventsManager uses Microsoft's networking and management APIs to make the connections to the remote machines. In some cases, problems develop between EventsManager and the Microsoft operating system management and network components.
- Check to make sure there are no address resolution problems:
Use the ping command
Ping <Target_hostname>and make sure the reply contains the correct IP Address for the machine.
- If EventsManager has been able to successfully collect events from the target machine(s) prior to this, reboot the GFI EventsManager server to reset the network stack.
- If the above fails to resolve the problem, reboot the target machine(s).