The following error is being generated when GFI EventsManager is set to monitor the local server via Active Monitoring:
User credentials cannot be used for local connections
- GFI EventsManager 2013 or newer
- All supported environments
The local host does not need alternate credentials.
- Go to Configuration tab > Active Monitoring.
- Create a new root folder by going under Common Tasks > Create root folder.
- Name it Local Host and include only the local host source in the Target Computers tab.
- Save the changes.
- Untick any reference of the local host from other folders (e.g., Generic node verifications).
- Checks for the Local Host folder must not include any credentials.