Users experiment their License Key not being accepted and different components of the application appearing slow with delayed processing in comparison to previous versions, such as:
- Starting and using the management console/interface is slow and unresponsive.
- Notifications are sent with a delay.
- GFI EventsManager 2013
- GFI EventsManager 2012
- GFI EventsManager 2011 SR2
- The server does not have access to the Internet
The EventsManager server has no access to the internet. EventsManager 2011 SR2 introduced new components that communicate with GFI servers. This issue is usually encountered in an offline or secure network.
- Within Windows Explorer, navigate to the hosts file. The default path is: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts
- Open the file with Notepad to edit, and at the end of the file add:
- Administrative rights are required to edit the hosts file.
- If the file does not exist, create a new hosts file in the designated path and add the entry from Step 2.
- Be sure that there are no proxies defined in the browser of the GFI EventsManager service account for this solution to work properly.