By default, GFI EventsManager performs event collection using the security context of the account under which the GFI EventsManager service is running. Alternative credentials can be configured for each computer or group of computers in the GFI EventsManager configuration > Event Sources.
Refer to the steps below to learn how to change the credentials used by GFI EventsManager.
It is recommended that you group target computers and specify alternate credentials that apply to that computer group.
The credentials can be changed by doing the following:
- From the Configuration tab, go to Event Sources > Group Type.
- Select Event Sources Group.
- Right-click on the computer group to configure and select Properties.
- Click the Logon Credentials tab.
- On the properties of the target machine forming part of the group, you can select from one of the following options:
- Use the Inherit the logon credentials from the parent group option.
- Selecting or unselecting Logon using credentials below to use/stop using alternate credentials for the target computer.