This article provides a step-by-step process on adding a custom log into GFI EventsManager.
Some desired logs may be found in a location that is not already covered by the default log locations in GFI EventsManager and may need to be added.
From the Windows Event Viewer:
- Navigate in the Windows Event Viewer to the desired log location.
- Right-click the desired log and choose Properties.
- Copy the whole string of the Full Name.
Once the correct information has been copied from the Windows Event Viewer:
- Open the GFI EventsManager console and go to the Configuration tab.
- Navigate to the Events Sources sub tab.
- Choose the group where the machine(s) resides.
- Right-click the group or machine and select Properties.
- Select the Windows Event Log tab.
- Click the Add button.
- Click the Add custom log button.
- Paste the whole string copied from the Full Name of the event as Log name.
- Click OK.
- Expand the Windows Logs within the "Select event logs..." window.
- Ensure the custom log added has been selected.
Note: The log will always get added under the Windows Logs.