Beginning with GFI EventsManager version 2012, a proprietary database is used for the storage of archived events. In order to retain SQL data from an older version of GFI EventsManager (which uses SQL), it is necessary to import the SQL database into GFI's proprietary database.
GFI EventsManager 2012 or later
- In the GFI EventsManager Console, select Configuration > Options.
- Select Database Operations.
- Right-click the white space in the box at the right corner and select Create New Job. Click Next on the first screen.
- Choose Import from SQL Server database and click Next.
- Specify the server where the database resides and specify the GFI EventsManager database that resides on that server.
- Provide the necessary authentication and click Next.
- Select Encryption if it applies to you and click Next.
- Choose any desired filter conditions for the imported data and click Next.
- Configure to schedule the job or run the job now.
- Click Finish.