This article serves as a reference for using the Edit Query Restriction feature in GFI EventsManager.
To edit query restrictions for granular filtering and configuration, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Edit Query Restriction dialog. The steps are different for Users, Reports, and Events Processing Rules.
To launch the query restrictions dialog for Users:
- Click Configuration tab > Options > Users and Groups > Users.
- From the right-pane, right-click the user to edit and select Properties.
- From the User Properties dialog, click Filter tab > Advanced...
- From the Advanced filtering dialog, click Add.
To launch the query restrictions dialog for Reports:
- Click the Reporting tab.
- From the Reports list, right-click the report to edit and select Properties.
- From the General tab, click Add.
To launch the query restrictions dialog for Events Processing Rules:
- Click Configuration tab > Events Processing Rules.
- From the Rules Folders list, right-click the events processing rule to edit and select Properties.
- From the processing rule properties dialog, click Conditions tab > Add.
- From the list of available fields, select a field. Optionally, key in the name in the Field Name text box to search for the required field.
- Specify a Field operator for the selected field. Available operators include:
- Specify a Field value for the selected field and operator. Some fields have predefined values; others require you to specify a value.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to add all the fields you want to include in the query.
Note: You can copy report restrictions from existing reports. From Reporting tab > Reports, right-click a report and select Copy Report Restrictions.
- Once all the restrictions are defined, use the options described below to customize the query conditions:
- Click Apply and OK.