This article provides the steps on how to reinstall the EventsManager Console and Database.
Reinstall Events Manager Console only:
- Take a backup of the configuration. Go to File > Import and Export.
- Make a backup of the Database 2.1 folder (just in case).
- Back up Reportsheader.xml (for the reports) from this location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\EventsManager13\Data\Reports
- Uninstall Events Manager ONLY.
Note: Do not uninstall Database 2.1 or data will be lost.
- Download the EventsManager executable then run it but only choose to install the Events Manager Console.
- Import the configuration file.
- Verify Alerting Options, database path, and database name.
- Place the old reportsheader.xml in the same location.
Note: Take a backup of the newly installed one just in case.
- Run the Auto Update to ensure you get all the updates. To run, go to Configuration tab > Options > AutoUpdate Options > Update Now.
Note: In the AutoUpdate Options, choose Show details to verify that the updates were successfully applied.
Reinstall Database only:
- Take a backup of the Databases folder just in case to ensure no data is lost.
- Uninstalling should NOT remove the EventsManager directories.
- During the reinstall, direct the database back to the original Databases folder.
- Stop all three Events Manager services:
- GFI Events Manager
- Database 2.1
- Uninstall GFI Database Server 2.1 from Programs and Features.
- Download the EventsManager executable then run it but only choose to install the Database 2.1, NOT Events Manager 13.2.
- After the reinstall is complete, ensure the correct path is reflected in Configuration > Options > File Storage > Configure file storage...
Note: Ensure there is a database name.
- Restart all Events Manager services.
- After launching the console, run the Updates to ensure they are installed. This can be done by navigating to Configuration > Options > AutoUpdate Options > Edit updater options...