The GFI EventsManager service will not start after running out of disk space and all of the configuration settings are lost.
This article provides a resolution to remedy the issue described above.
All supported environments.
The configuration files will become corrupted when the SQL database or the drive partition where EventsManager is installed runs out of disk space.
To fix this issue, follow the steps below:
- Stop the GFI EventsManager services and close any open programs.
- Open Task Manager and end any of the following processes if running:
- Make a backup copy of the Data folder located in ...\Program Files\GFI\Eventsmanager\.
- Navigate to ...\Program Files\GFI\Eventsmanager\Data\.
- Rename any file that has an extension .xml.gz.corrupted.<guid> and remove the
.corrupted.<guid> part of the extension.
Example: General Settings.xml.gz.corrupted.273ikjg483g1823k40 to General Settings.xml.gz.
- Click Yes to replace the existing file.
- Repeat Steps 5 and 6 for the GFI EventsManager Service State folder and the GFI EventsManager Settings folder and all its sub-folders.
- Start the GFI EventsManager services.