This article provides a step-by-step process on mapping multiple fields to a single column in the GFI EventsManager.
When using the reporting features inside GFI EventsManager, it may be desirable to map multiple event fields to a single column:
- Launch the GFI EventsManager 2012 Management Console.
- Go to the Reporting tab.
- Navigate to the desired report which you would like to map multiple fields to a single column.
- Right-click the report and select Properties.
- Select the Layout tab.
- Add a custom column and define an appropriate column name. In this example, Test Column Mapping is used. However, User Name would be more appropriate since this is the data that will ultimately be in the column.
- To map the event fields to this column, select Add.
- In Field Name, type the exact name of the field used in the events. In this example,
event id = 4634uses the
target user nameand
event id = 538uses
user nameto display the user account which triggered the event.
- It is then necessary to create a condition to define when this event field should be used in the report. To do this, select Add in the Edit Restrictions section.
In this example, the
user nameis mapped to the column Test Column Mapping when the
event id = 538, and the
target user nameis used when the
event id = 4634.
- Select OK on the Properties windows to apply the report settings.
- Right-click the report and select Generate for the desired interval.
- This will output the results in the report as pictured below: