You may face an issue that the Splash Screen is still displayed after you start EventsManager - it remains on top of the console and does not disappear.
This issue may be caused by:
- Patches not installed for the latest product version
- Corrupted EventsManager files;
- A large number of records stored in the active database;
- No free space on the drive where EventsManager is installed.
A common cause for this problem is a known issue with the latest version of EventsManager that occurs on newer Operating Systems. Follow the steps in the article Installing Updates for EventsManager 13.2 to install patches that will resolve the issue.
If the solution above does not resolve the issue, follow the steps below:
- Reinstall the EventsManager app only (no need to reinstall the Database Server).
- From Events Browser, check the number of records in the active database - if the number is greater than 50 million, it may affect the performance of the application.
- Check that you have enough free space on the drive where EventsManager is installed and the DB is stored.
The default installation paths are:
C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\Database Server 2.1
C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\EventsManager13
If there is no or little free space, you should do the following:
- Remove unnecessary files from the drive.
- Move the old database to another drive. Make sure to check Task Manager after you stopped all the EventsManager services and kill any EventsManager process.
After you run EventsManager, the splash screen should disappear in a few seconds after the application is loaded.
If the issue does not get resolved, please contact support and provide debug logs: Gathering Troubleshooter Logs for GFI EventsManager. Please restart EventsManager while debug mode is enabled. Please note, you can upload files up to 50 MB directly to the ticket. For the files large than 50MB please use FTP folder mentioned in the article.