Import from file enables you to import event data to the GFI EventsManager database that was previously exported to a file.
This article provides the steps on how to use this feature.
- Click the Configuration tab and select Options.
- From Configurations, right-click the Database Operations node and select Create new job...
- Click Next at the wizard welcome screen.
- Select Import\Export Job and click Next.
- Select Import from file and click Next.
- Specify the path to the configuration file that contains data you want to import. Alternatively, click Browse to look for the location.
- Once you have specified the path, click Next.
- If the file you are importing is encrypted, select Decrypt the files using the following password and specify the password used to encrypt the file. Click Next.
- Add advanced filtering parameters to import specific events only. Leave empty if you want to import all the event logs from the file. Please refer to the article Building Query Restrictions for more information on creating custom queries for filtering parameters.
- Select from the two options below when the job should be executed, then click Finish.