GFI EventsManager enables you to automatically synchronize domains with event source groups. When synchronization is configured, every new domain member is automatically added to the GFI EventsManager event source list.
This article provides the steps on how to add event sources automatically in GFI EventsManager.
To enable auto-synchronization:
- Go to the Configuration tab > Event Sources.
- From Group Type, select Event Sources Groups.
- Right-click All event sources and select Edit synchronization options.
- Select the General tab and configure the options described below:
Option Description Domain Select the domain name from the list or enter a valid domain name. Group Select the GFI EventsManager group name where to add the discovered event sources. Source type Select the type of event sources that GFI EventsManager scans for, in the specified domain.
- Click Add to include the synchronization.
- Repeat steps 3 to 4 for each domain that you want to synchronize.
- (Optional) Select the Exclusions tab to configure the list of computers that will be excluded from synchronization.
- Click Add and enter a computer name to exclude.
Note: Event sources that are already part of an event source group will be automatically excluded from synchronization.
- Select the Schedule tab to configure when the synchronization should be performed.
- Enter a valid interval in hours or days.
- (Optional) Select Send an email to the administrator when settings are changed to send an email notification when event sources are changed after synchronization.
- (Optional) Click Synchronize now to synchronize event sources immediately.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
Note: Adding event sources manually to a synchronized group is not allowed in GFI EventsManager.